scrappy celebration {a finished quilt}

My Scrappy Celebration quilt is all finished, yay!!!! And I could not have been happier with how it turned out.


It's wonderfully scrappy, and big, and soft, and cozy, simply perfect.


It measures 70" x 70" and I worried a little when basting time came. You see, I decided to use minky fabric for the backing and was not sure how it would all work together. Plus, I had to piece the backing and minky is just so incredibly messy to work with.


 I'm really happy to say that it all worked out. Since I spray baste my quilts, I was expecting to have major issues with minky not sticking to the batting. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that as long as I sprayed both the minky as well as the batting, they stayed together without any problems. Phew!!!! what a relief.


I went with minky for the backing because I really wanted my kids to like and use this quilt. It surely did not disappoint. The quilt has very quickly become the favorite with all three of them and there were already quite a few fights over who will get to use it. 

                     
All in all, this was one fun and easy quilt to put together. So, if your scrap baskets are overflowing, just like mine still are, give it a try. Here's a link to Katy's tutorial I followed.

Hope you all have a very lovely day. Svetlana