dumplings

Last few evenings were full of scraps, and templates, and cutting, and piecing borders for my Marcelle Medallion. And, while I enjoy working on this quilt tremendously, it's a slow process. I needed a little instant gratification sewing for a change, so I decided to finish up two more dumplings.


Aren't they the sweetest? I was able to use up some of my scraps (always a good thing since they seem to multiply when I'm not looking).

I used Michelle's free tutorial. Her instructions and pictures are clear and easy to follow. The only tricky part was installing the zipper. Measuring and pinning was absolutely necessary - I learned the hard way after one dumpling ended up being such a distorted shape because of an uneven zipper that it ended up in the trash.


Once I was careful with the zipper, things went smoothly and I would highly recommend to give these cuties a try.


Now I'm happy to get back to my medallion. I have all 64 flying geese ready to be pieced together into a border. And the good thing is that the next few borders are not as complicated, yay!

Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a lovely day. Svetlana