gumdrop pouf

Hello, I hope you all had a lovely weekend. Ours was wonderful as we were picking up our #2 from her summer camp. It's so good to have her home again.

Now, before she left for camp I promised to redo her bedroom, mostly because I couldn't stand the light green sponge painted walls in her room (they were there when we moved in last year and I never got around to repainting them).


We decided to go with white walls and we both love the new "clean" look so much more. I, of course, had to make a few new pillows. I can never pass on the opportunity to add some squishy goodness to our rooms :). I made one large floor pillow (the one on the bottom of the pile of pillows) by simply covering a Euro sham, and then I made a pouf.


I used a Gumdrop Pillow pattern by Amy Butler to make this simple, super squishy pouf. This is an 18" size one (pattern also includes a 24" size) and it fits just right in the room, I think :).

 
The pouf was pretty quick to make, once I decided on fabric, of course. I kept going back and forth on making it all patchworky (mostly because I didn't have enough of any one fabric). And then I came across a brand new curtain I bought a while back to make some bags and I knew this would be just the right fabric. It's thicker than regular quilting cotton, but not as thick as home decor fabric so it holds the shape really well without being too stiff. 

I loved making this fun pouf and my son already "put an order in" for one of his own. I'll be happy to oblige :).

Thanks so much for reading. Svetlana