monochrome lunch bag

So, the kids are back at school and it's just me and the cats, and my sewing machine of course :). And I'm really looking forward to having a few hours of uninterrupted sewing each day. Lucky me.

I thought I'd be doing lots of back to school sewing these last few days, but there actually was no need for it. The other day I picked out some super fun boyish fabric, decided on a design (after spending hours on Pinterest), and was about to make my son a new lunchbag, when he suddenly told me he really, really, REALLY!!! didn't want a handmade lunchbag. Whaaat?!?! And he was fine with his old pencil pouch that still looked great, so no pouch needed either. Seriously!


But since I was already all fired up and in lunchbag - making - mood, I decided to change things up and make a girly lunchbag instead. After all, my two girls love using lunchbags I made for them last year so I was sure I'd find takers for this one as well :).



I based the design on Ellen's lovely lunchbag but I changed the dimensions to make it smaller and I added a super handy mesh pocket to hold ice. I think I'll be adding these to every lunchbox from now on.


I used a combination of Essex Linen and Monochrome cotton/linen blend fabric which I absolutely adore. I might have to make myself a tote bag using this fabric combo some day soon.

Hope your day is going great as well. Svetlana