tiny treasures basket and tray

I am a huge fan of Anna's (noodlehead) work. I love her style and admire all the gorgeous projects she designs and makes. So, of course as soon as I saw her newest free pattern for Tiny Treasures Basket and Tray I simply had to drop everything and start sewing right away :).



I combined two of my own screen printed fabrics (brushstrokes on Essex linen for the lining and black grid on Kona Fog for the exterior) and I absolutely love the way this little tray turned out. Now I want to add leather handles and rivets to all the projects I make.


I also made a larger basket for my knitting. This time I went with my mushroom print. Actually this was a misprint :( as you can see in the lower right corner but I still love the optical illusion effect it gives to the finished basket very, very much.


See? A perfect fit for my almost finished Mara Shawl.

I'm sure I'll be making many more of these lovelies in the near future. I hope you'll give them a try as well. The tutorial is well written and easy to follow (as always). Just make sure to use the recommended interfacing and you won't be disappointed.

And, in case you're interested, I have quite a few of my screen printed fabric panels available for sale at my etsy shop.


Wishing you all a lovely day. Svetlana